Saturday, March 5, 2011

We are home!

Right now I am typing this blog post as I lay in my bed. To my left on the floor are my two boys laying on their "slumber party mattresses" while they watch a movie. By my feet is my cat, Steve Russell. To my right is Adam who has the monitor so that we can view our baby girl fast asleep in her crib. When my boys fall asleep, I'll head into Allie's room and sleep in there the rest of the night. In this very moment, I am right where I am suppose to be. There is a great peace in our house and overwhelming love and excitement for our new beginning.

Our day today was great. We were able to get a row together on our long flight (thanks to the ticket counter lady loving my hair). Allie slept well in the beginning and then cat napped the rest of the flight and throughout the day today. We actually got in quite a bit earlier than expected because we picked up a tailwind. My parents met us at the airport and took us back to their hotel (it was like a little suite) so that we could rest, Allie could play, and we could eat some breakfast. Adam was able to get a good nap.

For lunch we went to Texas Roadhouse as we were starving for some good American food. Our stomachs were not ready and we have been paying for it ever since. :-(

I mentioned before that my mom had upgraded us to First Class on our flight from DC to Phoenix. This was my first time in first class and I was making a big deal about it. She told me not to take pictures of all the great fixtures, etc. Basically "don't act like a hill jack". So what did we do? We took silly pictures and text them to my mom before the flight took off. The caption read "Whoo-whee! We got us some first class seats."

Our 5 hour flight to Phoenix was wonderful. Allie and I slept the ENTIRE way home. Adam slept most of the way home. It was bliss. Sherree, Jim, the boys, and some friends came to greet us at the airport. (Jim, you can post pictures from your camera.) We were so touched. The boys were a little shy around Alemitu but they started getting more interested in her on the car ride home. I can't wait until tomorrow when we can all play together.

The airport did lose our luggage, but they said a lot of people from our first flight had lost luggage. We re-checked it when we got to DC so we at least know it made it that far. I hope to get it because of the souvenirs, but honestly, those are just things. I have the most important "luggage" with me.

We didn't know how Allie would do going to bed. Her scheduled is completely messed up and she slept so hard on the flight to Phoenix. With a little music and back patting from Daddy, she was fast asleep in her crib in no time. Our baby girl is finally home.

This has been an incredible journey and we couldn't have done it without the support, prayers, and love from all of you! We were so touched my parents drove to DC to meet us. We are also so very grateful for Jim & Sherree to take care of our children during both trips. Adam and I are blessed with great parents who are even better grandparents. We can't thank you enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment